Music. Film. Art. Whatever Else Tickles Our Fancy.

Monday 16 March 2009

Song of the Day #1: School of Seven Bells - Half Asleep

Here's a little something I am going to try out for a bit. We'll see how long this lasts.

School of Seven Bells is a relatively new group hailing from Brooklyn. To be honest the first time I heard this band was one of the mixtapes created for one of the characters in Octopus Pie (check it out too). This song continues to blow me away with how accessible it is, but at the same time how complex it is also. "Half Asleep" is expansive at times, huge thundering drums and incredible synth and guitar lines, while it also has quieter moments letting the two part harmonies shine. All and all, I am completely enamoured with this song and I want everyone else to be too. So there.



-Lucas Thurston

No comments: